“Who Else Wants To Talk With A Real Bloke Without The Ribbing You Get From Your Mates?”
- Are you struggling to cope day to day?
- Do you find it hard to get motivated?
- Are you lying awake at night because of the pressure you feel?
- Do you and your partner find it difficult to understand each other?
- Are you afraid to tell your mates because they’ll tell you to harden up?
Hi, I’m Rodney from Bloke Support and I can help
I know how tough it is for blokes these days. Juggling the demands of work and family can be overwhelming and as blokes we just need to harden up, take it on the chin and get through it on our own. After all, it worked for our fathers and grandfathers didn’t it, it’ll work for us?
No, it won’t.
The world is changing, and the old ways of coping don’t work anymore. Over 28% of men have problems with drinking, 1 in 8 men are living with depression and the biggest cause of death for men 44 and under is not drugs, not motor vehicle accidents but suicide.
Blokes everywhere are literally drowning in despair and they’ve got nowhere to turn. Wives don’t understand, doctors want to put you on medication and your mates call you a princess and tell you to harden up, all the while you sink further and further into a hole that is hard to get out of.
But, how can you help me?
First of all, we’re not going to put you on medication.
We’re not going to blame you, your parents or even your partner.
We won’t cleanse your chakra, put you on a raw food diet and the less said about your aura the better.
All we’re going to do is lead you through a process.
During this process you will discover 3 important things:
- Insight into your issues and current coping strategies
- Knowledge on coping strategies that actually work
- And the tools you need to cope better, fix your issues and get back to the way things were.
Yeah but, can you help me with MY issues
We specialise in the 5 key areas that have the most impact on blokes
- Are you constantly fighting with your spouse?
- Are you emotional distant?
- Is your sex life non-existant?
- Are you considering divorce?
- Do you argue frequently with people?
- Do you have issues with the law?
- Do you punch the walls and break things when you’re angry?
- Do you have trouble remembering what happens when you’re angry?
- Are you feeling helpless or hopless?
- Are you having trouble functioning such as sleeping, eating going to work?
- Are you using drugs and alcohol to cope?
- Are you thinking about suicide?
- Are you unable to relax?
- Are you feeling pressure or overwhelm?
- Are you constantly worried or anxious?
- Are you experiencing headaches, stomach issues or other physical symptoms?
- Do you hate your job?
- Are you having conflict with employers or colleagues?
- Have you lost the passion for your work?
- Do you want to change career but are afraid of losing security?
So why should I choose Bloke Support?
1. We understand men
Not only do we specialise in the issues that are important to men, our approach is focused on helping men. We can connect with and engage men, which is vital for helping men. We are one of the few mens focused counsellors in Australia.
2. We are flexible
Although we are based in Sydney, we are flexible. Firstly we have locations in all areas of Sydney so we can come to you rather than you having to try and find us. Also, we are able to provide our services via phone and Skype. This allows us to connect with you from anywhere in the world.
3. We are qualified
I am a member of the Australian Counsellors Association (ACA) and meet their requirements in regards to qualifications and ongoing professional development. This way you can take comfort that not only do I know what I’m doing, but I’m also accountable.
4. We can accommodate the whole family
We understand that when one person in a family has an issue, then it’s the whole families issue. That’s why we are able to help families and couples. By engaging everyone in the process fosters the support needed to overcome all issues.
5. We are a global organisation
We have staff and clients all over the world in countries such as the USA, India and even Kenya. We are accustomed to working with culturally diverse people. No matter who are or where you’re from, we can help you.
But, don’t take our word for it
Here’s what some of our clients have said about us:
“Thank you SOOO much for your guidance, support and wisdom. You have made a profound impact on my life and I couldn’t have got through it without you. Thank you. I really appreciate your support.”
“We were initially unsure about seeking counselling as we have always kept our own Counsel, but Rodney seemed to hone in on the issues very quickly and responded accordingly to them. Using his advised techniques we did get a positive response, which make us feel more comfortable about our circumstance. We would recommend Rodney because of his excellent personal approach, understanding and follow up.”
Who is Rodney?
Good question. I started working for Lifeline as a Volunteer in 2009. I quickly worked my way up to Supervisor which I still do to this day. I also worked as a mental health support worker for over 2 years where I supported clients living in the community with acute mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder.
I am also a speaker, having presented for organisations such as Lifeline on issues such as recovery focused mental health, worklife balance and depression.
My experience with counselling is not limited to my professional life, but also my personal life as well. I grew up with a single mother who worked nights just to keep the family afloat. Issues with my Dad resulted low self-esteem and anxiety which culminated in bouts of depression in my early 20’s and, in 2010, I had a near death experience when I was put on life support in an induced coma for 11 days after contracting swine flu. Today, not only have I overcome low self-esteem, anxiety and depression, but I have also survived the death of my mother and re-established a relationship with my Dad after being estranged for over 15 years!
I have done all this with the help of counselling.
I’m convinced, what are the next steps?
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. For your journey, that step is your free 20 minute phone call. In this phone call we’ll talk about your issue and talk about how we can make a change.
To get the ball rolling, call us on 8968 9361